It’s no small thing to run a small business. In honor of Small Business Week this coming May, NAWBO is announcing the annual “No Small Thing” video contest. All women small business owners can highlight the “one thing that’s contributed most to your success as a small business” in a 2-minute or less video submission.
The Top Five winners will be announced during Small Business Week. NAWBO will feature one winner each day via daily e-blasts along with a post on the NAWBO website and social media. Winners are invited to sit on a breakout session panel at NAWBO’s annual Women’s Business Conference, September 18-20 in Columbus, Ohio and the opportunity to submit a 1/2 page, 4-color ad for the National Women’s Business Conference program. The top winner will receive complimentary conference registration and be honored on stage September 19.
As an exclusive benefit to all NAWBO participants, your videos will be shared on the NAWBO Facebook and Twitter pages as they are submitted and approved during the month of April.
If you are eligible and have a best practice to share, enter your video today! See below for details.
CONTEST OVERVIEW & RULES
ELIGIBILITY: The NAWBO Small Business Week Contest is open only to women-owned small businesses that were founded and are headquartered in the United States. No purchase of a NAWBO membership is necessary. A NAWBO membership does not increase your chances of being featured in contest communications or winning. Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry to enter. The following are not eligible: members of the NAWBO National Board of Directors who might otherwise qualify, and small businesses involved in judging or communicating the contest and its winners.
The contest will be held as follows:
- April 1, 2016, 9 a.m. ET: Contest launch
- April 1-30, 2016: Women business owners with qualifying small businesses can submit video entries highlighting the “one thing that’s contributed most to your success as a small business.”
- April 30, 2016, 11:59 p.m. ET: Contest closes
- May 1, 2016: Video selection (a panel of NAWBO National team members will review all submissions and choose the Top 5 videos from all entrants based on which videos feature content that is unique and will potentially have the most impact on the success of other women small business owners).
- May 2-6, 2016: NAWBO will announce winners, featuring one winner a day Monday-Friday during Small Business Week. Announcements will occur via NAWBO daily e-blast, website posts and social media posts. Winning videos will also be shared with NAWBO media partners for potential sharing with their audiences. The top 5 finalists may submit a 1/2 page ad in this years National Women’s Conference Program book. The ad must be submitted by July 15, 2016. If you are a NAWBO member and your video is selected, you have an opportunity to sit on a breakout session panel at NAWBO’s annual Women’s Business Conference, September 18-20 in Columbus, OH.
- September 18-20, 2016: The same panel of NAWBO National team members will select a winning video from the Top 5 finalists. This one winner will receive a complimentary registration to the NAWBO Women’s Business Conference, September 18-20 in Columbus, OH, and invited on stage to be publicly honored on September 19. This one winner will also be featured in an article in NAWBO’s monthly e-publication (August, September or October issue; exact timing to be determined).
SUBMISSION CRITERIA & PROCESS
All contest submissions must:
- Be original for this contest.
- Not infringe on any third-party rights (logos, music, intellectual property, etc.).
- Not include any third parties, including minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized the entrant to display his/her image or likeness in a submitted video.
- Be 2 minutes in length or less.
- Be in English.
- Be submitted to [email protected].
- Include entrant’s contact information: Name, company name, city, state, website, e-mail and phone number. Also, include your NAWBO chapter if you are a member.
- Include or attach (as a Word document) a 100-word write-up about the company and video topic.
- Be posted to a personal or company YouTube Channel. Please provide the video link with your submission.
All winners will be notified by e-mail to the e-mail address provided with submission. The winner of the complimentary conference registration will be notified by phone and assisted with registration details.