NAWBO National has launched an official call for nominations for the NAWBO Board of Directors for the term of 2017-2019. The nominations committee is seeking board candidates to apply who possess the following leadership attributes and qualifications:
- MEMBERSHIP: Is a NAWBO voting member in good standing.
- SERVICE: Has proven history of service and commitment to NAWBO at the local and/or national level.
- EXPERIENCE: Is an experienced board member with history of service on other national boards of nonprofit or membership organizations.
- VISION: Has the ability to see the big picture, and to help develop strategy and policy to help the organization achieve its mission.
- STEWARDSHIP: Has the ability to serve and promote the interests of the organization and the women’s business community at large.
- INTEGRITY: Has the discretion to maintain confidentiality of board discussions and speaks with one voice when representing the organization to the community, even when in disagreement with majority decisions.
- KNOWLEDGE: Possesses knowledge and understanding of the issues and concerns of women business owners; and has the commitment to stay informed and knowledgeable on all pertinent issues that impact our members.
- ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Has the willingness to become thoroughly familiar with the mission and how the organization actually carries out that mission day-to-day through its organizational structure and operations.
- PERSONAL COMMITMENT: Is willing to take time and make the effort needed to fulfill director responsibilities: including understanding strategic, financial and operational issues facing the organization; and engaging personally and directly with the organization whether through financial support, advocacy, networking, personal service, or other support activities.
- COLLEGIALITY: Has the ability to work well with others and to show respect for the ideas and views of fellow board members and staff; with the full understanding that boards operate as a body.
- DIVERSITY: Represents a diverse segment of the women business community and have deep resources and connections in the business community.
- FINANCIAL COMMITMENT: Possesses financial resources and capacity to make a personal contribution or bring in a sponsorship of $5,000 or more annually to the organization.
- MEETING ATTENDANCE: Is willing to commit personal time and resources to attend all board meetings, including travel expenses. Missing more than two (2) board meetings may result in disciplinary action and/or removal from the Board.
You may learn more about the board position and access our NAWBO National Bylaws by clicking on the links below:
The written nomination materials submitted by or on behalf of the prospective director candidate are critically important to the evaluation of her candidacy and should be prepared and submitted with careful attention to their importance. Please note that nominations that do not include all required documents and are not submitted by the October 14, 2016 deadline will NOT be considered.
To submit a nomination for full consideration, please follow these steps:
1. CLICK HERE to complete and submit the online Nominations Form.
2. E-mail the candidate’s most current resume/bio and headshot and any other supporting documents that may support your nominee’s candidacy to [email protected].
3. Submit both the online Nominations Form and the supporting documents no later than October 14, 2016, 6 p.m. PST. If you need additional information or have any questions, please contact the Nominating Committee at [email protected].
Please note: In-person interviews for selected candidates will be held in Orlando, Florida, on January 27-29, 2017.