Dr. Tererai Trent Award recognizes a woman who encompasses these characteristics displayed and practiced by Dr. Trent:
- A desire and focus to accomplish a task that serves others
- A voice toward equality and empowerment for women and girls
- Motivates others to step up, dream and take action
- A woman who uses her power and influence for good and always has a “give-back attitude” and a servant focus.
The Dr. Tererai Trent award will be presented at the National Women's Business Conference Awards Gala on October 15, 2019 in Jacksonville, Florida. Nominations can be made by a NAWBO member, community partner or a self-nomination. The nominations close on Friday, May 31, 2019. All information should be submitted through this survey monkey link.
Open to NAWBO Members and Non-Members
The nominee must hold or have held a leadership position in a nonprofit or community service organization or was actively involved in establishing a nonprofit or community service organization. The winner must be present to accept her award.
- How does the nominee consistently empower others? How long has the nominee been working toward this goal? Tell the story of how the nominee got involved in this program.
- How has the nominee overcome hardship and difficult circumstances to rise to a position to empower others? Provide an example of her courage and drive to succeed.
- How does the nominee’s organization give back as a valid/tangible resource to her community?
- Does the nominee’s program have sustainability? Has it achieved success benchmarks?
- What position of leadership and involvement in the growth of the program has the nominee held (founder, board member, led initiatives, etc.)?
Please be as specific as you would like in your answers. All information provided will be used in the consideration process. Contact Becky Ragan at [email protected] with any questions.
To learn more about Dr. Tererai Trent, please visit www.tereraitrent.org