Building on NAWBO’s long and impactful history of advocacy and to help shape current developments in Washington, DC, for our members and women and small business owners across the United States, NAWBO National is in the process of endorsing select candidates for the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives.
Federal candidates for endorsement are considered and voted on by the NAWBO National Board, not individual NAWBO chapters, based solely on their personal history of business leadership and/or their legislative track record on business issues. Stances on any non-business issues, including social issues, are not factored into evaluations. The selected candidates are from both major political parties, including men and women, running for office across the country. What they all have in common is their commitment to small business owners.
Links to press releases announcing each 2018 endorsement can be found below as they are made public. Please check back at this link often as more endorsements are announced leading up to the November 6 general election.
• Alma Adams - Democrat, North Carolina, U.S. House of Representatives
• Steve Chabot - Republican, Ohio, U.S. House of Representatives
• Judy Chu - Democrat, California, U.S. House of Representatives
• Barbara Comstock - Republican, Virginia, U.S. House of Representatives
• Will Hurd - Republican, Texas, U.S. House of Representatives
• Mimi Walters - Republican, California, U.S. House of Representatives