I love the beginning of each new year, don’t you? It’s a time of promise, optimism and fresh starts; a time to contemplate awesome new horizons; a time to reflect and be thankful. As we enter 2018, I wish you and yours a year of dreams fulfilled, deep joy and good health.
One part of my life for which I am truly grateful is NAWBO. The people, passion and talent that I’ve come across during my years on the board are simply amazing. One example of these energetic forces working together is the outstanding plan we have for this Near Year.
New @ NAWBO
Thanks to great strategic planning, committee work and partner engagement, we have a wonderful lineup of NAWBO MN events to shout about!
Our full calendar year of programs, partnerships, signature events, topics, speakers, and networking is already planned out – and it is tremendous! Click here for our 2018 calendar of events.
Our monthly lunches are geared towards outstanding education to propel your business growth and expansion. From research, we know that three primary challenges for growing/expanding business owners are developing in the competencies below. The NAWBO MN 2018 monthly educational events rotate around these three themes:
- Human Capital — recruiting, managing and retaining great people;
- Finance — improving financial position; impact of tax legislation changes; analyzing, creating and implementing a business succession plan;
- Leadership — leading organizations, others and self.
ALL NEW FOR 2018! We are thrilled to announce a strategic partnership with St. Catherine University,
Master of Arts in Leadership program (MAOL).
Through this exciting joint venture, NAWBO MN is pleased to offer masters-level quarterly education on the essential elements of exceptional leadership. This curriculum is based on rigorous, academic research and delivered by St. Catherine’s MAOL professors/instructors. This course will stretch and motivate you. Watch for coming details on this new program.
In addition to this goodly abundance, we have inspirational signature events, connecting, community building and advocacy programs ahead! Altogether, more than 20 programs and activities are slated for 2018. We also plan for more than 3 MILLION media impressions through our awareness building strategy. Now that’s impact!
Ways to Engage in 2018
We need your help as we further our mission to advance the wealth creating capacity of women business owners. How? Through your gifts of time, talent and/or treasure. While we have grown membership by more than 50% this last year, dues account for just 11 – 14% (about $15k) of annual chapter revenues. (Note: we receive about 1/3rd of NAWBO dues, the rest goes to our national organization.) This means we rely on our volunteer board, committee chairs, strategic partners, event and administrative support. We also rely on revenues from programs, events, sponsorship and honor roll donations that indispensably extend our effective reach. Please consider how you might plug in:
- Time and Talent
- Serve on the board: Through 1/14/2018, we are looking for new board member nominations. If you would like to nominate yourself or another board candidate, click here to nominate.
- Serve on a committee: If you would like to serve on a committee, please contact Mary Albright, board director and chair of membership committee. [email protected].
- Company sponsorship: For sponsor information, please contact Mary Nutting, president-elect and chair of sponsorship committee. [email protected].
- Member Honor Roll: This is a new program for members who wish to make a direct financial gift, large or small, to NAWBO MN. The Honor Roll will be regularly updated online and published at signature events. Click here for more information.
Join us…make a difference, stay motivated, create new relationships and build brainpower while having a great time in the process. Together, we can help make 2018 the year your business, contacts and expertise grow in ways you had never imagined. Happy New Year, indeed. 😉
Looking forward to seeing you and growing together soon!
Yours in service,