We are excited to announce the third year of the NAWBO Established and Ready to Grow Program sponsored by AARP!
Scholarships Are Available For Minority Women Business Owners, Aged 40+
The NAWBO Established and Ready to Grow Entrepreneurship Program sponsored by AARP aims to engage 40 women business owners of color, aged 40+, who are in the early stages of business ownership and seeks to propel them to the next level of their business journey. This scholarship opportunity is presented through the NAWBO Institute for Entrepreneurial Development.
Find your community of support for continued growth and prosperity. During the program, participants gain opportunities to increase industry and peer connections; increase market share and convert leads to customers; understand your target market and effectively reach them; build client loyalty and retention; and understand your costs and capital needs.
Program Applications are closed at this time. Watch for 2024 Program launch updates in the Spring.
- Identify as a diverse woman business owner who is 40 years or older
- Actively operating the business for at least six months
- Registered LLC, Sole Proprietorship, etc.
- Be able to commit to the time requirements of the program and attend all sessions
- Be able to participate in peer roundtable discussion groups
The Established and Ready to Grow Program will run from June - October 2023 and includes:
- 4 Virtual 1-hour Subject Matter Expert Sessions
- 4 Virtual 1-hour Peer Group Roundtable Sessions
- Downloadable Resources and On-Demand Classes
- National Women’s Business Conference Scholarships Pitch Competition
- 1-Year Premier NAWBO Membership
National Women's Business Conference Scholarship Pitch Competition
- All (10) winners will receive travel and hotel stipends and a 2-day conference pass (annual membership meeting not included)
- (5) of the (10) winners will also receive exhibit booths at the conference
- Applications will be open July 12 - July 21, 2023
- All applicants must be actively involved in the Established and Ready to Grow program to participate
- More details coming!