NAWBO ONE is a monthly e-publication of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) dedicated to helping our members and the 9.1 million-plus women entrepreneurs across the United States to power their “whole professional you”—in their business, in their lifestyle and in their community.
Our editors are interested in queries or article submissions that are tailored for women entrepreneurs on timely topics that can help them further their business, lifestyle and community approach and success. Please note that NAWBO does not financially compensate for article submissions. We also retain the right to edit all article submissions according to NAWBO ONE style and the AP journalism style guide.
If you are interested in submitting a query or article for consideration, please note the following:
- All queries or articles must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Issues are distributed the 2nd Wednesday of every month; the deadline for final article submissions for each issue is the Wednesday prior to the release date.
- Distribution is by e-mail to NAWBO’s database of 30,000+ readers; issues are also featured on the home page of nawbo.org for one month.
- Articles should be approximately 500-750 words maximum for the online format.
- Articles must be informational with ideas, best practices, how-to tips, etc. They should not promote/sell your organization, products or services in any way.
- We do consider articles that have been previously published (as long as you provide the original article links so that we can properly attribute them to the sources).
- Articles should be submitted as a Word document.
- Photos should be at least 300 dpi for quality appearance.
- Please include with your submission your name, title, phone and e-mail, city, state, company and company website so that we can properly attribute the article and reach you as needed.
- NAWBO reserves the right to select/reject submissions as appropriate for the NAWBO ONE audience and NAWBO’s mission and goals.
- NAWBO also reserves the right to include submissions in other NAWBO communications, such as our website and social media pages.
NAWBO often receives requests to promote surveys to our membership and database for participation. NAWBO will review all survey requests and make a decision to promote or not based on the survey content. It should be appropriate and tailored for women entrepreneurs or small business owners. Please include with your survey request your name and contact information, a link to the survey and a short description of the survey’s purpose and content. Most surveys are promoted via NAWBO’s social media pages, except for partner organization surveys, which are promoted through our e-newsletter, e-blasts and nawbo.org.