An investment in a NAWBO membership provides a portfolio of benefits that propel business growth and fuel personal and professional development.
NAWBO Atlanta 2020
Our vision for this year in Atlanta is to provide our members more education, exposure, and engagement to our national organization, and this year is full of excitement!! Our vibrant chapter is offering wonderful opportunities for you to be involved. Click Here for Benefits of Membership Levels.
Announcing NAWBO-Atlanta’s 2020 Educational Programming:
Is it your New Year’s Resolution to get more education/mentorship/training for your business? Bonnie Daneker and Your NAWBO-Atlanta Board of Directors has teamed up with NAWBO members and friends to offering educational classes, masterminds, and seminars to all our members, regardless of the stage of your business. Contacts for each are listed below. We encourage you to take advantage of these to help you and your business grown and develop.
- NAWBO Institute Virtual Environment (formerly IEI). FREE to NAWBO Members. NAWBO understands the balance of working in your business versus working on it. To make it easy for women business owners to work on their business when they can, the newly-updated NAWBO Institute provides training and resources through a combination of online educational programs and the opportunity to convene virtually through the NAWBO Institute Virtual Environment. NAWBO Institute Virtual Platform helps facilitation communicate, virtual networking, best practice sharing, and education for Women Business owners, partners and supporters with measurable and significant impact. Offerings include: NAWBO Virtual Connect and Learn – for NAWBO members (chapter and virtual alike) monthly and NAWBO E-Learning Series – for all Women Business Owners on topics that relate to business growth. https://www.nawbo.org/resources/institute-virtual-environment.
- SBDC Early Stage Support and Mentorship – Ruby Reisinger and Small Business Development Centers, FREE - $169 Throughout your entrepreneurial journey, you need education and mentorship to help you answer questions, overcome obstacles, and in general, thrive! The Small business Development Center is a state supported entity with many locations around the state. Class are offered on various topics and at various times, with individual support available. View the offerings at https://www.georgiasbdc.org/training/and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply the E-Myth to Your Business Program – Karen Cleveland, $79
NAWBO is offering a new program based on the book The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It. In this 8-week, hands-on program, a small group of entrepreneurs will find the structure and accountability to implement specific takeaways from the book in their business. Participants will create a plan with goals and specific tasks, and then track and share their progress toward their goals on a weekly basis with the group. We will provide suggestions, encouragement, and accountability to each other. Karen Cleveland of ProcessMOJO will facilitate this program which will meet in-person 4 times and virtually 4 times during February and March. Participation is limited to 6 participants to enable time for meaningful feedback between participants. If you are committed to make a real change to how your business works, join us in the Apply the E-Myth to Your Business program! Email Karen@ProcessMojo.com for times and location.
- The Growth Coach Monthly Mastermind Round Table for Women In Business – Kim Ellet, $99 Women business owners often yearn for connection, collaboration, and conversation that isn’t the same with employees or clients. Join The Growth Coach Monthly Mastermind Round Table for Women In Business to leverage the power of collaboration and peer-support. In place of NAWBO’s CEO RoundTable, meetings are on the third Thursday of the month at ROAM Galleria, 11:30am-1:30pm. Email email@example.com or call 404-312-3207.
- Turknett Leadership Group, offering individual coaching as well as seminars.
- Leadership Podcast Series, FREE https://www.turknett.com/tlg-podcast-series/
- Women in Leadership 2020 Seminar Series ($175/month), 7:30 – 10:00 a.m. at The Commerce Club, 191 Peachtree Street, 49th Floor, 3rd or 4th Friday of the month. https://www.turknett.com/women-in-leadership/women-in-leadership-seminar/
Women’s Executive Development Program, Packages vary. Contact Susan Hitchcock at 770-270-1723 or www.turknett.com .
How to Get Unstuck Webinar: A Foundational Blueprint Every Female Over the Age of 40 Should Follow – Susan McMullen, Presale $199 (20% off for NAWBO members); Early Bird Pricing for others $299; Regular price $499. Caring for Yourself as an Entrepreneur. You’ll learn: The Five Foundational Pillars that hold female entrepreneurs back; Two kinds of mindset shifts necessary to win at entrepreneurship; How to win back your energy, your enthusiasm and time. Call Susan McMullen at 770-317-6991.
- Circle Programming from NAWBO National, $2,500 annually. The Circle is a national program designed specifically for our Premier members who own larger businesses that exceed $1 Million in annual revenue. This program offers connections, access, and learning opportunities above and beyond membership such as:
- Special workshops & activities at the 2019 Women’s Business Conference
- Meet & greets with keynote speakers at the 2019 Women's Business Conference
- Field trips to tour local woman-owned business facilities
- Optional Mastermind groups
- Receptions with sponsors and NAWBO board
- Two one-day retreats each year with workshops and special activities
- Speakers Bureau
- Invitation to NAWBO Advocacy Day on the Hill in DC
- Virtual business book club.
Download NAWBO Circle Year-at-a-Glance with more details at: https://www.nawbo.org/sites/nawbo/files/Circle%202019-2020%20Year-At-A-Glance%20udpatd%206%2019%202019.pdf . Contact Deborah Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kennesaw State University Tuition Discounts
20% Exclusive Event Discount. Attendees who enroll in a course during the KSU
Open House event on January 9 in person at KSU’s registration window will receive a 20% discount on any/all course enrollment fees.
- 20% off tuition for Mini-MBA Programs for NAWBO members.
- Sign up today! www.coles.kennesaw.edu/executive-education
- Exposure – Get you and your business in the spotlight:
Have you ever thought about being part of a leadership team? NAWBO-Atlanta is announcing the opportunity to join the amazing women on our NAWBO-Atlanta Board of Directors. The National Association of Women Business Owners proudly represents women from all industries, geographies and demographics. We serve in local leadership, advocacy, and philanthropy while having a great time! The positions come with opportunities to represent our chapter in planning, speaking and meeting other local entities. Why not showcase yourself and your business while having fun?
Building on the progress of this year, we are offering an opportunity to join the Board of Directors in these positions:
- Events Director
- Corporate Sponsorship Director
Please contact Bonnie Daneker at email@example.com or 404-783-5678, if you’d like to hear more.
Engagement with National:
The 2020 NAWBO Leadership Academy is here! For fellowship, business focus, and fun, mark your calendar for February 6, 2020 for a one-day Leadership Academy! Held at the beautiful Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town Albuquerque, New Mexico, you’ll not want to miss this fantastic opportunity to personally connect with fellow women business owners and leaders by participating in this yearly event.
For a list of topics and speakers, go to https://www.nawbo.org/events-channel/2020-nawbo-leadership-academy-conference-speakers. To register, go to https://www.nawbo.org/events-channel/nawbo-leadership-academy
AND….. the Advanced CEO Experience is coming April 23-24!! Details are being finalized.
Save the Dates for These Upcoming Events!
January 3, Diana Murphy, 90 Days Planning
February 7, Darlene van Beek, Love Your Business
March 6, Robin Robboy, Know Your Numbers
April 3, Graphic Design Hacks, Speaker TBD
May 1, Max Ruthenberg-Marshall, Legal Speak
June 5, Jerrica Dodd, In the Flow of Healthy Business
Start enjoying the benefits
Are you the right fit for our growing organization of women entrepreneurs?
Businesses owned by NAWBO® members are larger than the average women-owned businesses in terms of number of employees.
The average length of time that NAWBO members have owned their business.
The number of NAWBO® members in the professional, scientific and technical services sectors.
NAWBO® members are well educated, with 39 percent holding post-graduate degrees.
Seventy five percent of NAWBO® members are over the age of 45; and 25 percent are in the 35-44 age group.
Twenty-five percent of NAWBO® members make more than $1 million in annual sales; and 34 percent make more than $500K.
Many NAWBO® members access capital through credit cards and personal family savings. Fifty-eight percent use credit cards and 37 percent utilize private and family savings to fund their business.
There's a place just for you.
NAWBO is proud to serve as the voice of the nation’s over 10 million women-owned businesses and represent women entrepreneurs in all sectors, sizes and stages of development and at the local level members are encouraged to engage actively with their local chapter to gain access to other women business owners, leadership development and community development. The diversity in our membership strengthens our voice across the country as all women entrepreneurs are encouraged to bring their expertise and insight to the table. Members of the National Association of Women Business Owners® (NAWBO®) are part of the largest dues paying organization for women entrepreneurs. A NAWBO® membership offers women-owned businesses the best of all worlds – connections to a national organization and brand as well as a local platform for their business and their voice and the ability to tap into the power of an already established organization.
If you have already created a profile you need to login and then select the Become a Member link. If you need additional assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select a member category below
|Key Membership Benefits||
This membership is for women business owners who are ready to join the NAWBO community. You’ll gain access to a local chapter, or if outside a 45 mile radius, you’ll qualify for our NAWBO virtual chapter!
This membership empowers women business owners to directly impact the movement of the organization with voting rights and the opportunity to serve on their local chapter or NAWBO National Board.
This option is for any individual or non-profit organization who wishes to support our mission.
This category gives undergraduate and graduate students (a.k.a. The next generation of women business owners) access to the NAWBO community. If you’re a student who is running, starting, or thinking about starting a business—this is for you!
Subscribe to our free online community for access to our NAWBO One newsletter publication and limited virtual programming. When you’re ready for more access to NAWBO, membership is waiting for you!
|Listing on national online member directory|
|Access to local and national member rosters|
|Early Bird Discount to National events|
|Receive all NAWBO publications and communications|
|Notification of legislation affecting your business|
|Access to monthly webinars on Virtual Connect & Learn|
|Enterprise Software and Professional Services by One Page Business Plan|
|Discounts to UPS, Dell, Office Depot, Cision PR Newswire, Enterprising Women Magazine, Constant Contact|
|PerkSpot progam merchant savings|
|Eligible to speak at virtual Connect & and Learn webinars (125 avg. attendance)|
|Eligible to submit content for NAWBO One monthly e-publication (30,000+ subscribers)|
|Note: Each local chapter provides added value to all levels of membership in addition to the benefits listed above. Affinity Partners||
plus one-time member initiation fee of $100 SAVE $120 by paying annually for $239.40 or pay monthly installments of $29.95 for 12 months
plus one-time member initiation fee of $100 SAVE $120 by paying annually for $359.40 or pay monthly installments of $39.95 for 12 months
plus one-time member initiation fee of $100 SAVE $120 by paying annually for $359.40 or pay monthly installments of $39.95 for 12 month
NAWBO membership is open to sole proprietors, partners and corporate owners with day-to-day management responsibility. Membership is recorded in the name of the individual, not the organization. Membership dues are nonrefundable.
Dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for Federal Income Tax purposes. In compliance with Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, it is estimated that 6% of the membership dues is non-deductible as a business expense.